Sunday, February 08, 2009

Regarding Hair

Some of you have known me for quite some time. And some of you may have noticed that I don't really change my hair that often. In fact, it's been since... like, middle school since I've had any real difference in hairdo. Yeah, I know. I am totally hair-challenged. Anyway, there is a reader of this blog named Emily, and she has a cosmetology license (and is a great cook!). And I asked her what I can do to get my hair to grow longer. You see, I want to give it to Locks of Love, but I don't really want to end up with really short hair when I do it. But, my hair isn't really growing any longer than, well, where it is now. Anyway, she addressed my question, so I'm going to send you to her blog. And you can ask her questions, too. If you want.

That's all for today. I'll try to blog again really soon. But no promises.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How short would your hair end up if you donated now? It could be interesting! And your hair would always grow back. I used to think I would have long hair forever, but I think short hair suits me. (Although, I long to be able to pull it back in a ponytail for running!)

Cardine said...

Well, I am measuring it right now, and if I cut off a foot, it would probably end up about an inch under my jawline and 10 inches leaves it at my shoulders. Ideally, I don't like it shorter than shoulder-length. I'm kind of selfish about my hair and if I like it long, then I don't care if other people don't. And, yeah, it would bug me if I couldn't put it in a ponytail.

Anonymous said...

So, I'm going to vote on your poll, but I want to clarify... I think you should cut it because you like it long so much. That was one of my motivations when I cut my hair a few years ago. I was really attached to it and I felt like it was my "one beauty". After I cut it, I felt better about myself, because I knew I wasn't relying on physical appearance... or at least I wasn't trying to rely on it.

Or... here's another suggestion... grow it until you have your first child, then cut it. You'll have the added help of all those extra hormones to make it grow longer, plus you'll be happy to have it shorter and out of the way as you're being a mom.

Dana Cheryl said...

Donating hair is a great thing! I'll be interested to see what you do. You'll look great regardless although I do recognize the fabulousness of having ponytail length hair! :)