It's funny how you can start the new year with no plans to change much at all. I had just decided to not buy a townhouse in December and was settling on living in my parents' house while they served a mission, but then... well, here I am. I moved last week into a basement apartment with two university-attending gals. In fact, the university is less than a block away. Weird. I don't go there, but I have one of the sweetest locations if I were to attend this school.
Stats with regard to my moving out:
1. I finally get to use that quilt that I made in Young Women.
2. I have a mini-fridge in my room.
3. I broke out the refrigerator conversation magnets.
4. I took out my lava lamp to enjoy its groovy glow, but it didn't actually work!
5. I have set my alarm for 7 pm twice since I've moved here.
6. I scrape every time I leave the driveway.
7. I am okay with bare walls.
8. My sister who moved into the house in my place was very kind to give and loan me lots of stuff, which saved me from a considerable amount of shopping. I appreciate that a lot.
9. My goal is to spend $50 or less on groceries each month. For March and April. Then I'll re-evaluate.
10. My life is not very different now from what it was before I moved.
11. I feel that the hanging bar in my closet is about a foot too high. And I'm tallish! (5'9")
12. My new bed suffices. It can never--nothing can ever replace my former bed, but it suffices.
13. I have too much crap, moving stinks, and family and friends who help are awesome.
14. I miss having a sewing machine available. Not that I used it much, but ... it's nice to have.
15. I totally miss the piano.
16. I should buy a keyboard.
17. No, my old room isn't clean yet.
18. Neither is my bathroom.
19. No, I didn't bring my crazy pajama pants.
20. I might still.
21. I am trying to follow Dub's example by having a dish that is constantly supplied with tasty chocolate candies.
22. The current dish contains Reeses Eggs. They are delicioso!
23. I filled an entire huge box with just my DVDs. I have too many DVDs!
24. Bathroom sinks without drawers should be against code.
25. This place has spiders.
26. I hate spiders.
27. I'm moving out before the Fall.
28. I don't know where I'll go.
29. I'll worry about that later.
30. Thanks for making it this far.