Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Case of the Missing Pajama Pants

To me the most comfortable article of clothing to wear is pajama pants. I think they are awesome. I really like to hang out around my house in pajama pants. One Christmas I asked my mom to make me some pajama pants out of this lavender and silver sparkly material. She did so, and I really enjoyed wearing those comfortable pants.

Sometimes when I go out of town I forget to take all of my personal effects with me when I leave. Earlier this year I went on a trip. A few weeks after returning home from the trip, I began to miss these beautiful pajama pants, even though they were getting worn and the sparkly had all worn off in the wash. I missed them and muttered to myself about always being so careless and not checking hotel rooms when I leave them.

The other week I similarly went on a trip. About a week or so after this trip, I started to miss a different pair of pajama pants that are silky and red. These pants were very precious to me, and I knew it took my sister some time to find the exact pants that I wanted when she gave them to me for my birthday. The weird thing is that I was pretty sure that I had checked the hotel room before I left it, but I couldn't figure out where they had gone if they hadn't been left at the hotel room!

A couple of weeks ago I started to notice that a dresser drawer wasn't shutting as completely as it normally did. I wondered what was up with it but never took the time to figure out what was wrong. Well, the other day I decided to try and take the drawers out of the dresser to see if something was stuck back there. I hoped that I would be able to find my silky red pajama pants. I couldn't manage to get the drawers out, so I just stuck my hands back there and felt around. My hands caught hold of silky fabric. I pulled it out, and it was a bra I had been missing.

I checked the other drawers, even though they were closing just fine. I felt around again. My hand caught hold of fabric, but it did not feel silky. I pulled it out, and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but my lavender and silvery pajama pants that I had been missing for months! I rejoiced and hoped that I would be able to find the red ones, too. I tried again, and I was successful! I was reunited with a missing bra, and two of my beloved pairs of pajama pants. Merry Christmas to me, and merry Christmas to you!

5 comments:

julie said...

It's a Christmas miracle! So glad you were reunited with your comfy pj pants and bra!

It was so wonderful to see you and Wendy! Thanks for stopping by!

Merry Christmas!!

dub said...

Hooray for a happy ending to that story! Merry Christmas!

tearese said...

that's awesome. I love finding stuff you thought was lost forever!

Cardine said...

Thanks for commenting, guys! It's funny how I can get excited about such stupid and little stuff!

Sarah said...

Hooray!! :)

Sometimes I get so frustrated when something is missing, even if I don't have a particular attachment to it, because I KNOW it exists somewhere... and that drives me nuts.