Allie sent this recipe to me a week ago. Incidentally, I met her husband this weekend. I hope he sent the message to her that I said thanks for the recipe. If not, Allie, thanks for the recipe!
Allie's Chicken Enchiladas
So. . .each and every time I make this it is different. Here’s the basic recipe plus most of what I used for the Family Matters club. Enjoy!
1. Oven to 350. Spray a big baking dish a bit.
2. Over medium heat in a pan:
· Some butter
· Some chopped green onions
· Half t. garlic powder
· Small can of diced green chiles
· Can of cream of chicken soup (but I’ve also used heavy cream when I didn’t have soup and it was GOOD)
· About half cup sour cream (improvise!)
· My additions: hot sauce until it tasted good, ground cumin, coriander, chopped up garlic and chili powder
3. Mix this all together. Scoop out about one quarter of this into a big bowl. Add a can of chicken breast (this works TONS better than shredding your own) and some shredded cheddar cheese (I use TONS of this as well). Stir.
My own additions were: large can of black beans, olives, and red onion
4. Fill up some flour tortillas with the mixture and line them up (seam side down of course) in a pan. Pour the rest of the mix on top. This is also really good if you just pour a can of prepared enchilada sauce on top. Add some sharp cheddar cheese.
5. Bake about 30 min. Top with yummy avocados, red onion, cilantro, WHATEVER!!
Allie says: After just a couple rounds of baking this, you won’t need a recipe. I love it because I can seriously whip these up in about 5 minutes and put them in the oven. . .and they are WAY better than anything frozen that would take that long.
Cardine says: I like that this recipe is so flexible. This is a lot like my mom's recipe, as well, but there are a lot of suggestions so people can make it according to their own tastes. Thanks, Allie!