Hello. It seems like I need to reintroduce myself to you. I haven't blogged in a long time. Please forgive my lengthy hiatus. Since it has been a while, let me tell you about my current self (I change over time).
1. I really, really enjoy playing volleyball. I can play volleyball for hours and hours. Last Saturday I played for about 11 hours straight. I also played a little on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and I have plans to play tonight. That is how much I like it. Considering the amount of time I spend playing the sport, I should be pretty darn awesome at it. But I'm not. Oh well.
2. At church I am well-known for making delicious cream puffs. The funny thing is: they are SUGAR-FREE! Whenever I make the things, they are inhaled by those who try them. I actually got the recipe from my coworker's wife. I've noticed, though, that we have different ways of making them because they turn out a little different. Maybe someday I will post the recipe.
3. I am obsessed with corduroy pants. I wear them the way some people wear jeans. I own and wear the following colors of cords: red, orange, regular green, dark green, light blue, light purple, pukey khaki, dark brown, black, gray, and cream. See? It's an obsession.
4. I need to clean my room. It is in a constant state of disarray. I forget that I need to clean it because the only time I'm really ever there is when I'm going to bed or getting up. So, I either have to stay up late to clean it or I just go to bed. I usually pick going to bed. At least I'm not one of those people who has nastiness in their room. Like, there's no food or anything. I mostly just need to organize, dust, and vacuum it.
5. I have started to grow three plants. I am doing three because I am hoping that at least one of them will live. I tend to have a black thumb and kill plants, but I am going to try to overcome my fear of killing plants by keeping them alive. Plants make me happy.
6. Lately I have been enjoying being in a book club. We meet weekly (I think that's too often). I haven't actually been to the meetings lately, but I like reading the monthly book and getting together to discuss it. Currently we are reading "The House of the Scorpion" by Nancy Farmer. I am also currently in the middle of "Sense and Sensibility" by Jane Austen and "Summer of the Monkeys" by Wilson Rawls. I am trying to read more books this year than I normally read.
7. I go through phases where I like to play certain games. Right now I am in a phase of playing Ticket to Ride. I really like to win. A lot. And I do win quite a bit. The highest and lowest scores that I've seen in that game were achieved by the same person. I can't remember the high score -- probably somewhere in the 160s. The lowest score was 16.
8. It seems like I haven't seen a movie in the theater in ages. The last movie that I saw was probably either "Juno" or "Enchanted." And maybe I just haven't kept up with what's been coming out, but I can't think of anything that I missed that was likely any good. Are good movies really that sparse or am I just getting pickier?
9. I need a vacation. Sorely. But, I don't have one planned until the bitter end of May. I am so excited for it, though. I am going on a cruise (yet again). This time I am cruising in the Baltic. I will leave from Copenhagen and visit the following countries: Sweden, Norway, Estonia, Poland, and Russia. And I'm going with eight other people. I just hope my flights aren't cancelled. But if they are, I will be sure to take some good books to read. I don't think flying is so bad as long as I have a good book or two. Or three.
So yeah. That's what's going on with me. How about you?