Sunday, November 02, 2008

November: Month of Bacon - Spinach Salad (with Bacon)

It's November, and November is the month when I typically do these themed blog entries. This month I decided to do a month of bacon because lately I have been trying new bacon recipes. So, if you have a good recipe that includes bacon, please email it to me at my gmail.com account, which is cardinesblog.

The first recipe I found in my recipe box. I had this salad at my sister-in-law's house, and I thought it was so good. I'm not sure where it comes from originally.

Spinach Salad (with Bacon) - from Cardine's sister-in-law, Rose

1 6 oz package baby spinach
1 11 oz can mandarin orange segments (save juice for dressing)
1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp sliced almonds
Bacon - cooked and crunched into bits
Craisins
Sliced Mushrooms

It's a salad, so just dump it all in and toss it to distribute the ingredients somewhat evenly.

Mandarin Sesame Vinaigrette:

1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
1/4 c Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
Mandarin Oranges Juice from Can
Sesame Seeds/Poppy Seeds

Honestly, when I made it I didn't exactly measure the ingredients, but I thought it was a little too oily, so maybe start with 1/8 cup of olive oil and then add it to taste.

I made this salad for a recent dinner with some really cool people, and it was a hit. Enjoy!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Yeah!!! Thanks Carrie your amazing. I'm excited to try this for my family. I know my sister would love it.

julie said...

Mmmm. Sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should post your breakfast pizza recipe. That can have bacon.

banana said...

Maybe do a post on movie quotes that have bacon in them.

"Are you achen' (glub, glub) for some bacon?"

Cardine said...

Oh, banana. I needed that laugh so much! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

How about Kevin Bacon movie quotes, Banana? "I thought this was a party. LET'S DANCE!" ... Proceed to a shot of a Kevin Bacon body double doing a back flip.

Cardine said...

Kevin Bacon body double. Hee hee!

Blue said...

if you haven't seen it before, you will undoubtedly appreciate this bacon clip. it's one of my personal favs.