Booklogged also says, "I've always wanted to write a post about my pet peeves. Do you have any?"
Yes, I have probably quite a few of them. Here are ten of my pet peeves, in no particular order:
1. The grouping of people into general categories based on traits that really, likely have no correlation with the reason that a person is grouping them. A recent one I heard was: Oooo, those rich, white males... they hoard all of their money and don't give to the poor single mothers. What? Does gender or race really have anything to do with it? Shouldn't the anger be towards those who are rich (or, at least, have more than they need) and don't give (i.e. are selfish), to the poor, without regard to race and gender? Is a rich, asian female who hoards all her money without giving to a poor, married male better than the rich, white male? Grrrrrrr... Another popular one is: Oh, how I hate those (insert political party name here)'s. They are so(insert huge generalization here).
2. Crusaders for homeschooling or people that think that they are better because they have been/are/will be homeschooling.
3. When there's not a right turning lane and there's enough room for one.
4. When I go to a restaurant and they get my order wrong. I said no cheese, not no onions!
5. When LOST goes more than five minutes past nine, and I only set the tape to record until 9:05. Grrrrrr.
6. When I drip food on myself or write on myself and don't have time to go home during the day to change my clothes.
7. Shopping for jeans. I'm not sure they make them for me. Most of them aren't long enough for my legs, unless the waist is too high or the crotch goes halfway down my thigh.
8. When I am forgetful, especially when it's something REALLY important. Someday when I eventually get married, I'll probably wake up that morning and get ready for work. It is all quite embarrassing.
9. Being friends with a hundred married males and the inability to get much acknowledgement from the single male population. Actually, I like the part where I'm friends with people (females, too!), but I get frustrated by the obvious lack of balance in the area of females or married males vs. single males, meaning, I want more attention from the single male population, in general.
10. When people are blatantly rude, impolite, or hurtful to others. It's just so unnecessary.