I was tagged to do one of these by Framed. I'm not a huge fan of passing it on, so just do it if you feel like it. All of this information I derived from Wikipedia.
Three historical events that occurred on April 30:
1. In 1492, Spain gives Christopher Columbus his commission of exploration.
2. In 1789, on the balcony of Federal Hall on Wall Street in New York City, George Washington takes the oath of office to become the first elected President of the United States.
3. In 1966, the Church of Satan is founded.
Besides me, three people who were born on April 30:
1. In 1896, Hans List, Austrian inventor
2. In 1933, Willie Nelson, American musician
3. In 1946, King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden
Two significant deaths on April 30:
In 1945, Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun commit suicide after being married for one day.
Two April 30 Holidays or Observances:
In Vietnam, Liberation Day
In Czech Republic, Carodejnice (witches' night)